Tellington TTouch® is a teaching method for animals that incorporates bodywork, and ground exercises, to help improve coordination, balance, and athletic ability whilst deepening further communication and understanding between the animal and its owners/carers. It also helps the process of healing and recovery from illness & injuries, and assist animals with physical issues by promoting good posture. Elderly pets will benefit from TTouch® method, too. TTouch® techniques gently guide the animal through non-habitual exercises that can alter existing habitual patterns. TTouch® helps increase levels of self-confidence, self-awareness and self-control. TTouch® teaches the animal to respond, rather than simply react. TTouch® is used for various species including birds and reptiles, and humans at many healthcare facilities in the U.S. and Europe.
TTouch® goes together well with many other treatment modalities and training methods. It is not necessary to adopt the whole TTouch® philosophy in order to make a difference to an animal. Learning just a few of the simple body TTouches and movements can help make a difference to an animal’s life.
TTouch can assist animals with various issues.
- Dislike of contact – fear of a vet, grooming issues, handling issues, reluctance to be petted, defensiveness due to injury, hand shyness
- Noise sensitivity – fear of thunder, fireworks, household noises
- Lack of balance – Leash pulling, stumbling, training difficulties, poor coordination, stiffness, gait irregularities
- Hyperactivity / Restlessness – jumping up, excessive chewing, excitability, spinning, excessive panting, pacing, inability to settle
- Nervousness – timidity, lack of confidence, fear biting, separation-related issues
- Traveling issues – motion sickness, reluctance to getting in the car, excitability, excessive vocalisation,